Traditional braces are the metal brackets and wires you most often see on kids and teens. In years past, brackets would take over the tooth, making your braces the first thing people notice about your smile. The current bracket style is much smaller and far less noticeable than ever before. The archwires we use are also more effective than their predecessors, as they are derived from NASA technology to help move your teeth more quickly and comfortably.
As with most treatments, there are pros and cons associated with traditional braces. Some of the pros include:
- They are the least expensive orthodontic option
- The archwires can be attached with colorful bands, giving kids and teens an opportunity to choose their favorite color, their favorite sports team’s colors, or even a rainbow of colors
- The only responsibility of patients is to keep them clean
- They are effective for patients of all ages
The list of cons is short:
- Traditional braces are the most noticeable type of orthodontic treatment
If traditional braces aren’t right for you, keep in mind that we offer clear braces and removable aligners, as well. At The Best Braces, we are committed to finding a treatment that will work perfectly for YOU!